Wednesday, April 12, 2006

United Airlines Flight 93 Cockpit Voice Recorder Transcript

Little Green Footballs
The transcript of Flight 93’s voice recorder has been released by Findlaw in PDF form.
It’s absolutely chilling, but also inspiring to finally see an unedited picture of what happened aboard that plane. The transcript leaves no doubt that there was a furious struggle going on for control of Flight 93 up until the final seconds in Pennsylvania—and no doubt that those heroic passengers, who battled to the very end, prevented the 9/11 attacks from being even more devastating.
Transcript


I want to finish this sad post with the words of Todd Beamer's dad on the death of his son:
"You know, my -- my creator, God, created me with a free will, to accept him, reject him, to live my life as I please, and in all manners of religion and speech and what we decide to do with our families. Those precious freedoms came at a great cost.

And certainly, we grieve every time we hear that another American has made the ultimate sacrifice for us. But I'm -- I'm confident that we'll continue to do whatever it takes to preserve our way of life.

Because our enemy does not have -- does not have the word "surrender" in his dictionary. And we must not have the word "retreat" in ours."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home